Sunday, April 15, 2018

You're a Star

Today I have a couple of cards to share that have a beachy twist.  They are clean, simple, and  I think they turned out so sweet...I hope you do too!

First I chose the stamp set I wanted to work with...an adorable set from Lawn Fawn called So Jelly.  I stamped each image multiple times with Hero Arts Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers.
I then die cut the images with the coordinating die cuts.  This is a great set if you are just starting out because it is inexpensive...you can get the stamp and dies for under $10!


Next it was time to work on the design.  For the starfish I chose Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Spring paper in blue...(so cute...right!)...and craft cardstock on a white notecard.  For the Jelly Fish I found a fun green paper that reminded me of seaweed and paired that with craft cardstock on a green notecard.



The finishing touches...stamping the sentiments.  I used brown ink for the first one and black for the second.  I heat embossed them using clear embossing powder so the sentiments would really be crisp.


And last but by no means least...I thought the jelly fish needed a little something so I stamped the bubbles from the set directly on the pattern paper and topped that with a clear enamel drop.



I plan to tie these up with bakers twine and give them as a sweet little gift...that is if I can part with them😏.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!!  HUGS


No comments:

Post a Comment