Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Pattern Happy Card Challenge

Hi all...in a previous post I promised I would keep you up to date on Card Challenge sites as I found them.  Well today I have a new one to share.  Pattern Happy is new to the crafting world and they have a monthly Super Sketch Challenge on their blog.  You should definitely check them out!

Here is the sketch for their first challenge:

 I took the basic layout and started by choosing my pattern paper and sentiment.  I chose a pink Geo pattern from the Geofetti 6x6 paper pack. Next I picked my sentiment...I wanted something happy!
I tried the sentiment straight like the sketch shows, but decided I liked it at an angle better...so I made a slight adjustment.  That's the beauty of a challenge sketch, it's meant to be a guide and you can take some creative license😀

The next step was to create the pattern on the white card stock.  I used components from the Bloom Builder set to stamp a random pattern with Catherine Pooler Ink in Rose Petal.


The shape component was the hardest for me.  I knew I wanted to use a die cut flower cluster as my shape, but had a hard time getting it to look how I had it pictured in my brain.  In the end, I die cut some flowers from the bloom builder set.  Some on white cardstock with colored inks and some on the patterned paper.  To make them stand out I cut out an oval from bright yellow polka dot paper from the same pad and that helped them to pop off the background.

I think it turned out to be a happy card...I hope you do too💕  Be sure to check out Pattern Happy, their blog and monthly Super Sketch Challenge!  Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment