Saturday, April 21, 2018

Something Magical...with MFT Challenge #91

Today I have something magical to share...an adorable little unicorn from Darcie's Stamps.  I was inspired by this weeks MFT Color Challenge #91.  I think challenges like these are fun because it encourages to stretch your creativity and work with a color pallet you normally might not choose yourself.

I looked through my stamp stash to see where inspiration might come from...and lo and behold this little guy jumped right out at me.  I could just see his flowing mane in shades of pink and flowers in yellow.  I also picked out some patterned paper that reflected the challenge colors and... I was on my way!

I embossed dots on a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 piece of card stock in a dark pink to use as my background and adhered it to an A2 white notecard.  Then I cut some circles out of patterned cardstock using the Inside Out Stitched Circle Stax from MFT.  I stamped the unicorn on white card stock and colored it with copic markers, finishing the eyes with Black Ebony Nuvo Drops.  I stamped the sentiment You are Magical on a small piece of the patterned paper so I could use it as a guide for placement on the finished project.  In the end...I just used that instead of stamping directly on the project (mostly because I was afraid of messing it up).


Once I had everything cut, stamped and colored...I just had to put it all together.  I think this card is a little girls dream...even My Little Pony might be jelly🎠!  I hope this will encourage you to stretch your color muscles and try a combination you might not otherwise try...you never know, you may just love the results!  HUGS


No comments:

Post a Comment