Monday, April 30, 2018

Chevron Cover Plate...Let me count the ways



Buckle up and hold on to your hat because today I'm showing you how to use one cover plate to make multiple cards for multiple occasions.  I love it when one die can be the base for endless creativity!  I'm using a Chevron Cover Plate in my example, but there are lots of cover plates that you could use to create a similar effect.


I started out with various colors of 4-1/2 x 5-1/4 colored cardstock which I die cut with the cover plate.  I saved all the chevron pieces to use later...you'll see why.  In example below I have adhered the cover plate cut out to the same color of cardstock.  It is a great monochromatic base for all types of cards.



I also thought it would be fun to use some patterns when filling in the chevrons so here I used both some of the matching solids and coordinating plaid chevrons cut from Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid Spring patterned paper. I placed them into the negative space skipping every other chevron...I also skipped the row where I had decided to place my sentiment.  I cut a flag from the same paper, a Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Hexagon from white card stock, and the word hello from the Wplus9. 


 I layered all my components together adhering them with Ranger Multi Medium Matte (which I transferred into a fine tip bottle) and finished it with a few black Nuvo Drops.

In this next example, I used the chevrons from various colors of cardstock and arranged them in an angled stripe.  I cut the word Congrats and a graduate out of Essentials by Ellen Slate Gray cardstock
to make a graduation card for my nephew. 


Here is another example using Dots and Stripe patterned paper from MFT and the Awesome die from Neat and Tangled. 


In this example I adhered a sheet of patterned paper behind the cover plate...added the word smile on a dotted flag and finished it with Nuvo drops.

For this next one...I used two shades of gray with a few turquoise chevrons, a script hello and Nuvo drops.  I think you could do a great masculine birthday card by just swapping out the sentiment👨🎈.


So many possibilities using one cover plate.  I hope this inspires you to try to use your cover plates in different ways...you'll be so glad you did.  Hugs and have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. So many awesome and fun designs. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blog love...I appreciate the encouragement!

      Delete