Thursday, March 1, 2018

Well hello gorgeous!

Hi friends, on the blog today is a card I created for the MFT Color Challenge.  I'm finding these challenges to be a great source of inspiration when you're just not sure what you want to create (it happens). Sometimes a color palette or a design layout suggestion is all you need to get those creative juices flowing...just sayin๐Ÿ˜‰.   I have to admit, this challenge paired colors I normally would not have put together on my own...but to my surprise I ended up loving the result!  ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

The suggested colors made me think of flowers, so I went in that direction.  I had seen another designer arrange flower stamps inside a heart and used that as my inspiration for filling the inside of a circle.  I took small floral and dot stamps from various stamp sets and stamped them inside a circle that I drew lightly with a pencil.  I kept my pattern somewhat random but semi-symmetrical...if that's a thing...hehe. I colored them with COPIC Sketch Markers and cut the circle out with a stitched circle die cut.



Since black was also a color in the challenge I decided to use black and white patterned paper cut slightly smaller than the size of the card and a dotted circle as a background for the flower circle and black glossy cardstock to die cut the word hello.  I adhered them to a white A2 notecard and added a few finishing touches.   A few clear Nuvo Drops here and there and some Wink of Stella clear glitter on a petal or two and the card was complete...woohoo!


I hope you are inspired to try out the world of challenges.  Lot's of company sponsor them and give away gift cards to their stores...added bonus prize!!  Look for the Pin-Sights Challenge and Mix it Up Challenge at Ellen Hutson.  Mft has a the color challenge and more.  I'm just starting to explore this...so I will continue to fill you in on who has challenges as I find them.  Until next time...I hope you have a Card Happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment