Monday, March 5, 2018

Grocery Store Inspiration

Inspiration can come from anywhere!  Recently, on a trip to the grocery store, I was inspired by the color combination in this bouquet.  Something about it just spoke to me...the green, purple and lavender just seemed to sing💖.  I thought it would make a great color combo for a card... and so this photo inspired my latest project and more to come I'm sure.


I used the Cherish stamp and die set from Honey Bee Stamps and stamped two large flowers using Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.  When they were completely dry I added the layering stamp using Ranger Soft Granite ink. (I also used soft granite to stamp the sentiment)  I stamped the leaves in Ranger Electric Lime ink.  After I finished stamping all of the components I used an mini ink blending tool to make a soft blended background with shaded lilac and electric lime inks.  I used this background to fill the circle I cut out in the card front and to cut out a second cherish sentiment.  


I pulled all my components together on a piece of green dotted cardstock which I layered on top of a white A2 notecard.  I stacked the soft granite cherish on top of the lavender cherish (slightly offset).
In the picture it appears more like a shadow because I popped it up with foam tape.  In the end I decided to use one flower and a few of the leaves.  A few small enameled dots in the corners and my grocery store inspiration is complete.  The finished project is a bit more muted than the original because I was working with ink colors I already had in my stash...but I think you can still see a nod to the grocery store photo.  I can't wait to see what my next trip to the store inspires me to create!  How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment