Thursday, February 8, 2018

Elepants on Parade!

Today we are continuing with the birthday fun...cue the elephants!  I'm using a darling stamp set from Avery Elle called Ellie designed by Heather Campbell. I am in LOVE with this little elephant and all her cute little accessories.  The balloons make it perfect for birthdays and the sentiments and accessories will be great for lots of everyday cards as well.  So many possibilities...and you know how I love sets that are versatile..More Bang for your Buck!💥



I started by stamping lots of Ellie (and some balloons and flags) on Neenah Solar White Cardstock using Hero Arts Black Dye Ink and colored them with Copic markers.  I'm finding that when I get a new stamp set I like to stamp a bunch of images and color them all at once...It helps me with my design process.  I then decide whether to cut out and use the ones I've colored or recreate them by stamping directly on the card. Plus, I get frustrated when I ruin an entire card because I don't like the coloring I've done or I make a mistake...so problem solved!

For this project I decided to use the heart balloons and a light colored Ellie.  I cut a circle out of patterned paper and adhered it to a dotted background in a complimentary color.  I colored the balloons to coordinate as well and then added them to the card using 3D foam squares. I did the same with Ellie.  You can tell she is popped up by the shadow she casts in the sunlight ☀



I love the way this project turned out and I know it will make someone smile when they open it on their birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment