Sunday, January 21, 2018

Thank You...clean and simple

Today I've got a clean and simple Thank You card that I just love!  I'm using a few stamps from the set Remember This by Altenew (a hand me down from a crafty friend...SCORE!!).  This is sure to be one I will be using a lot...so many possibilities💜

It is a large stamp set that creates beautiful layered flowers, but for todays project I'm just using the outline stamps.  I stamped the large flower in the corner with Hero Arts white ink on a 3 x 4-1/4 piece of dark blue card stock. Then I added the small flowers to the left, the leaves to the right and balanced it out with a thank you sentiment in the left corner.

I centered the finished piece on a white A2 notecard and adhered it with double sided tape.  The final touch was adding a few enameled dots for dimension and interest. 

I think the finished card is stunning in it's simplicity...just sayin!

Tip:  I will say that I learned a few things about using white ink in this project.  Pigment ink takes a while to dry and in the end I used a hair dryer (probably not the best tool for this purpose) to heat set it.  I also had some cards that got seriously smeared and were unusable for this particular project.  Come back for my next post (If at first you don't succeed) and you can see how I give them new life😍.  Needless to say I've added a heat gun to my list of must haves...so look for a post on heat embossing coming your way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment