Tuesday, January 23, 2018

If at first you don't succeed...

Welcome back!  Today I'm showing you how I saved some supplies from ending up in the trash.  The problem with learning by trial and error is that occasionally there will be error.  Sometimes, not always, that error can turn into something new, creative and even unique.

Yesterday I posted a card made with white pigment ink and what I found out was that even after heat setting (which I obviously didn't do for a long enough time) and letting my pieces dry overnight they still smudged when I adhered them to my cards.  BUMMER!

So with nothing to lose...I took my finger and ran it back and forth over the image.  I was curious to see just how much it would smudge.  The answer, quite a bit😢 I noticed was that I kind of liked the smudged version...so I went and got a clean stiff paint brush and worked it back and forth over the entire card and what I was left with was a card that has an almost worn chalkboard effect.  I did the same to the other 5 I had made.


Not perfect, not what I intended, but in the end unique and usable.  I also stamped the small floral from the same set and some dots on the back of the envelope for fun.  The recipient will never know this was an oops...unless of course they have read this blog post...hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment