Friday, January 19, 2018

A Bunch of Thanks


Thank You cards are something you should never be without, so I thought it was the perfect choice for my next project.  I was gifted the stamp set Floral Frame from a friend and thought it would be really fun to color.  I'm finding that I enjoy coloring a lot!!...it's super relaxing and who doesn't need time to relax?  

I stamped a floral arch with Hero Arts black dye ink on white cardstock and then decided I wanted more, so I turned the stamp around and stamped it again to form a wreath.  If you don't have an arched stamp, you could lightly trace around the bottom of a glass with a pencil and then stamp small floral and leaf elements over it to create your own unique wreath.


Tip:  Manufactures websites are great places to find project examples for their stamp sets.  Also, try typing in the name of the stamp set followed by the word images (example...Avery Elle Floral Frame images) on google and all kinds of inspiration will be right at your finger tips!

I stamped the Thank You sentiment in the center and then proceeded to choose my color palette.  I decided on shades of purple and green which I colored with brush markers.  In the end, I decided to stamp on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock because I loved the softness the Desert Storm gave to the colored image. I trimmed the image slightly smaller than an A2 note card so I would have a little bit of a border around the edge then adhered the image purple note cards of various shades (which I just happened to have in my stash) and TA DA!


I liked the final product so much that I made 5 more...to a few I added enamel dots and to others some shimmer using a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. I'm not much of a glitter girl, but I do love this pen.  It adds just enough without being too much.


A set of these Thank You cards would make a wonderful gift all tied up with a pretty ribbon! Or, keep them for yourself and have them at the ready when you need one. Either way, they are pure PERFECTION! (if I do say so my self...insert cheeky grin here😊😊😊)

No comments:

Post a Comment