Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Fabulous Floral

Hi Friends,
   Today I have a couple of cards that I made with images I colored during The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge Road Show at Hero Arts in Richmond, CA.  It was such a fun day filled with new friends, great tips & tricks, plus lot's of laughter!

My first card was made with a stamp and die that Hero Arts generously gifted to us in our goody bag...Nasturtium's are one of my favorite flowers, so needless to say I was excited🌼

 I stepped out of my comfort zone on this one and used one of Kathy's tips...Plucking...that is where you just pluck several colors to use without planning it out...or really even thinking about it.  I plucked the red and my table mate plucked the purple.  Two colors I would have never put together on my own, but in the end I loved the combo❤


To turn my image into a card.  I embossed white card stock with a chicken wire pattern and heat embossed the hello sentiment on light gray cardstock.  It's bright and cheery and stretched me creatively...which is always a good thing!

The second card is also a floral image, Rose Stem by Hero Arts.  I used copic markers in Prawn and Light Prawn for the coloring and used another one of Kathy's tips...fill in the nooks and cranny's. That's when you add more black detail into select areas to add contrast.  I did this with a black copic multi-liner pen.  I did a soft gray shadow around the image and then fussy cut it.



Another fun little trick was to add color to the clear drops around the hello.  After I decided where the droplets would go, I put a dot of color on the paper and then glued them in place.  The color shows through the clear and you have a perfectly matched dot!

A Big Thanks to Kathy Racoosin for sharing her talent with all of us!  Have a card happy day😎

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie, I am returning the flavor of a visit to you after you visited my blog as part of Rubeena's hop! Thank you for stopping and leaving a comment and - hopefully - hitting that follow button! Your CASlicious cards are so pretty! I love the vibrant colors and designs and thank you for sharing Kathy's tip about putting a dot of color down and putting my clear drops on top! (She says, slapping herself in the forehead!!) I hope to see you again soon on your blog! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete