Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Mad for Plaid!

Happy first day of spring...or is it?  Sure doesn't feel like spring to me.  Maybe this card will remind you that spring is just around the corner...or is it?  Wait...yes, it is!!!

I started with a cute little bunny named Birch from Purple Onion Designs stamped on Neenah Solar White Cardstock in Hero Arts Black ink.  I colored him with Copic markers and then cut him out with my small sharp craft scissors.  Next I chose a Lawn Fawn patterned paper from the Perfectly Plaid Spring collection.  I die cut a circle from the plaid paper with the Inside & Out Stitched Circle Stax and a rectangle from Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle Stax.


I adhered the rectangle to the bright blue note card which picked up the blue in the plaid.  Next I cut pieces of double sided foam tape and added them to the back of the circle die cut to give it some dimension.  ( And it's going to stay where I put it!  I may have been a little heavy handed with the tape😉)


This particular plaid paper is two sided, which allowed me to flip the circle to the plaid set on the diagonal (you'll see that in the final card).  I then added the sentiment Sending Hugs on pink cardstock that coordinated with another stripe in the plaid and my card was complete.  I love the way it turned out...it made me smile immediately.  I hope it does the same for the person who receives it!


Wishing you a HOPPY SPRING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment